It has been a busy time in the sewing room this month. I am on to my 3rd online mystery quilt and having some fun experimenting with Inktense Pencils.
I finally got my Gymea lilies back from the framers and it looks great hanging in the entrance way to our house. The black frame really enhances the design.
I finished quilting the Batik mystery quilt. It was quilted all over with curved lines using quilting rulers to build up the design. The whole quilt was quilted using the small handiquilter universal ruler. The online mystery quilts have been fun to do, used up some of my fabrics, taught me different techniques and kept me in contact with other quilters from all over the world.
I also finished an online mystery quilt which was designed by Lessa Siegele with the South Australian Guild. It was a great opportunity to search the fabrics from my stash. The finished quilt has been donated to the Tumut CWA. They will use it as a raffle prize in their upcoming fundraiser. Hopefully it will help them raise much needed funds for their building project.
The next mystery quilt is using all my Kaffe Fassett scraps….looking forward to discovering the finished quilt design in a few weeks. The pattern is a Rachelle Denneny Design .. Mysolation Mystery Quilt.
I have also been experimenting with Inktense Pencils. Helen Godden Designs has released an alphabet quick called Alphblocks. I drew the design onto cream cotton then coloured with the pencils. The colour was activated with fabric medium, very similar to painting with water colours. Each block is 8 inches square. After drying it is then quilted with black cotton to highlight the pattern. When completed it will be a wall hanging, assembled as quilt-as-you-go. The detailed quilting is an excellent way to practice fine free motion quilting.
Until next time…..happy sewing.